SocialReacher Blog » Your brand »Branding on Social Media: What to keep in mind when developing your strategy
Your brand

Branding on Social Media: What to keep in mind when developing your strategy


branding social media

Branding on social media can be the key to having users choose you. Even though you may not be selling directly through social networks, social media presents you to the world, it defines your values ​​and your business. And as such, you have to take care of it by applying the right strategy.

Initial thoughts on branding

First of all, take time to think about your business.  What are the objectives for your business? What do you want people to think about you? You must be very clear about what you want to communicate, and you have to keep this in mind for each social media channel you use. That is, you have to be consistent and coherent, matching your philosophy to your message.

But just because you communicate the same message, this doesn’t mean it has to be identical on all the social networks. Each social media channel offers different opportunities and audiences, which you can take advantage of. For example, Instagram may need unique publications. Don’t make the mistake of copying and pasting, and then expecting the same results.  Or thinking that you have to be present on all the social networks.

Brand image

Another detail that is often overlooked is the name on your accounts. Social branding starts with someone looking for (and finding) your brand. Therefore, choose the same name on all the different networks. It doesn’t have to be your full name if it’s too long, but it should be recognizable, easy to search, and if it’s strong visually then so much the better. To choose the most appropriate name, you can use this tool to find out if it’s already being used on any other social networks or domains. Profile photos, covers and creatives must also carry your brand image and reflect your “personality”.


When branding on social media, you have to stop doing branding. That is, don’t talk only about yourself and how well you do things.  Social media is not an advertising poster that users passively consume. Networks are a medium through which you actively interact with your fans, you connect with each other. They come to listen to you, if what you are saying is worth listening to. The key to creating a community of followers is to provide value to the user.

But, of course, you also want to sell yourself.    You can be guided by the 80/20 rule. According to this social media strategy, 80% of your publications should inform, entertain or be useful for your followers, and the remaining 20% can sell what you do.

Branding through your employees

Nothing transmits as much confidence in your brand as your employees sharing your messages on their own social media networks. They humanize what you do and give it authenticity. In addition, their levels of interaction are much greater, and may have more influence than the brand’s own social media accounts.

That’s why with SocialReacher we can help you, using our Employee Advocacy platform to transform your employees into Brand Ambassadors.    Contact us if you want to know how we can help you share your message!


Your brand
Brand Image: How your employees influence your brand
Your brand
Employee Advocacy: The Power of Employees as Brand Ambassadors [Infograph]
Your brand
Your Brand’s Reputation: How to avoid a crisis on social media
There are currently no comments.

8 − 7 =